Thursday, August 12, 2010

The lost art of Freezing Corn

Yesterday, my Mom and Dad came over with 200 + ears of corn for us to freeze. This is something I remember from when I was little when my Mom would buy maybe 300 ear from a local farmer, John Kolle, and my grandmother (Ella), Mom, sister and I would spend the afternoon shucking, boiling, cutting and bagging corn. And even better memories of eating the corn come November when everyone else just had the tasteless stuff you could buy from the freezer section of the grocery store.
















The pictures show my mom and dad, daughter (Meilea) and son (Rowan), all of whom partook in the afternoon. It was a good day and you can see the results in my fridge. We got about 40 quart bags full of yummy, organic (ish) corn, still grown by the same farmer mentioned above. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment